Project duration : From October, 2014 to May, 2015
Location : Nguyen Binh, Hai Yen, Mai Lam, Hai Thuong, Hai Binh, Nghi Son, Hai Ha, Tinh Hai communes, Tinh Gia District, Thanh Hoa Province.
Project Partners : Tinh Gia District People’s Committee, Thanh Hoa Department of Health, Tinh Gia Health Center and Hospital.
Donor : The Nghi Son Refinery and Petrochemical Limited Liability Company
The Kenan Foundation Asia in partnership with the Center for Health Consultation and Community Development (CHD) propose to develop and implement the Community Health Awareness 2014 Project for the Nghi Son Refinery and Petrochemical Project (NSRP). The project is focused on specific health issues regarding water quality, sanitation, food hygiene and communicable diseases related to the influx of people into the affected community.
The project is to aim to improve health awareness and inducing beneficial changes in Knowledge Attitude and Practices (KAP) of project-affected people:
• Lowering the rates of communicable diseases;
• Minimizing the risk of epidemic outbreak;
• Minimizing the incidence of TB/HIV and STIs;
• Enhancing the self-reliance and resilience of affected communities to handle preventable diseases.
To achieve the objectives, there are three Components:
- Component 1: Awareness Campaign – Raising awareness on early healthcare prevention, identification and treatment
- Component 2: Capacity Building – To build capacity for the local healthcare network in early healthcare prevention, identifying and treatment
- Component 3: Documentation -To strengthen the documentation and coordination between all stakeholders