Center for Health Consultation and Community Development (CHD) conducted a field research for the “Lifting safety” pilot project in Ba Ria – Vung Tau province.
Time: July and November, 2016.
Location: Tan Thanh district, Ba Ria – Vung Tau province.
Local partner: Traffic Safety Committee of Ba Ria – Vung Tau province (TSC).
The field research aims to obtain data on needs assessment to limit the risks on the road in and in the surroundings of Cai Mep International Terminal (CMIT) and collect data to serve as a baseline in order to evaluate the project impact.
To achieve the objectives, there are two main activities:
- Needs assessment:
- Identify the risk of unsafe traffic road in project location (included habits driving, traffic signal systems …)
- Identify the programs/policies related to traffic safety and CMIT with close attention to avoid any program duplication.
- Provide specific recommendations for planning intervention to better ensure project’s achievements.
- Baseline survey:
- Assess existing levels of CMIT – affiliated drivers knowledge, attitude and practices on safe driving skills.
- Propose indicators, monitoring plan and evaluation of the project.
Click the link below to download the assessment of the project “Lifting safety”