Organisation: Centre for Health Consultation and Community Development (CHD)
Duration: 9/2014 – 8/2015 (12 months)
Location: Two districts in Ho Chi Minh City
Funded by: Public Participation and Accountability Facility Fund (PARAFF), co-funded by DfID and DANIDA, under the auspices of the Office of the National Assembly
- VFF officers at the province, 02 districts and 04 communes
- Local authority and mass & social associations in the 02 districts.
- Civil societies, professional association, community groups.
Reality of the monitoring and social feedback function of the Fatherland Front through consultations with citizens and stakeholders aimed to contribute for the Law on the Vietnam Fatherland Front (amendment) in two districts.
Goals and Objectives:
Contribute to the supplementation and amendment of the Law on the Vietnam Fatherland Front by improving the accountability of VFF leaders and authorities at all levels to law formulation, enforcement and monitoring, and creating an opportunity for local people to participate in related policy through a baseline study to identify related issues and factors affecting the function of monitoring and social feedback/counterargument, and collection of input data for advocacy of policy and law amendment in 2 districts.
- To assess the current situation, identify related problems/issues and factors influencing the function of VFF on monitoring and social feedback/counterargument in the 2 districts province in accordance with the Law on the Vietnam Fatherland Front in 2013 (amendment) by engaging the local people, member organisations of VFF, social organisations, law and policy makers in before and after the regulation on monitoring and social feedback/counter arguments by the Politic Bureau.
- To enhance the efficient participation of local people, VFF members, socio – political associations, social organisations and community groups in policy making, formulation and monitoring of the enforcement of the law as the result of the practical collected information analysis for advocacy.
- To contribute to bring the practical reality into law and policy through collecting and analysing local people’s comments and feedbacks for amendment of the law on Fatherland Front (amendment) and promoting the enforcement of advocacy with participation of local people based on the study results from the 2 districts.