ENHANCED SURVEILLANCE AND OPERATIONS RESEARCH FOR MALARIA ELIMINATION IN VIETNAM
Center for Health Consultation and Community Development (CHD) collaborate with the National Institute for Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology (NIMPE) and Phu Yen and Quang Tri Preventive Medicine Centres to implement the Project “Enhanced surveillance and operations research for malaria elimination in Vietnam 2014-2018”. The project is supported by the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with an aim to contribute to achieve the National Prevention Strategy, eliminate malaria in Vietnam 2011 – 2020 and orientation to 2030 and malaria elimination activity in South East Asia.
Vacancy: Project field manager
Quantity: Two people (one in Phu Yen, one in Quang Tri )
Place of work:
- In Phu Yen: Phu Mo, Xuan Lanh, Xuan Quang 1 communes and Dong Xuan district.
- In Quang Tri: Ba Tang, Thanh, Xy communes and Huong Hoa district.
- Help manage outputs for clear targets.
- Two travels/commune/week.
- Accompany non-Vietnamese staff on all field visits.
- Report system: weekly, rapid case.
- Support commune and village health staff to collect finanical receipts.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Hanoi office.
- Remote area Geographical Reconnaissance, collect data following forms: household longform/shortform, companies interview, correct missing data.
- University degree, preferably specialized in public health or related.
- At least two years of working experience in the field of research, preferably in health programs or health studies.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to use smart phones.
- Have personal transportation.
- English communication is an advantage.
- Candidates living in the project area, knowledge of malaria and speak local minority dialect.
Work time: Full time.
- Ensure that the regime for employees in accordance with the law
- Support for fuel costs when traveling on project field trips.
Salary: Negotiable according to experience.
- Letter of recruitment
- CV (English + Vietnamese) (2 pages size A4)
- Copies of diplomas and certificates (following additional requirements to the applications submitted via email).
- ID, proof of residence photo (following additional requirements to the applications submitted via email).
Applicants are responsible for the authenticity of qualifications.
Deadline: March 29, 2015.
The application documents specify:
Candidates for the position ” Project field manager - Project Vietnamese-American Malaria”, submitted CV and cover letter online via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to the Phu Yen Preventive Medicine Centre for Phu Yen candidates: 73, Lac Long Quan Street, Phu Lam Ward, Tuy Hoa City, Phu Yen Province.
Or to the Quang Tri Preventive Medicine Centre - for Quang Tri candidates: Hoang Dieu Street, Dong Ha City, Quang Tri Province.