ENHANCED SURVEILLANCE AND OPERATIONS RESEARCH FOR MALARIA ELIMINATION IN VIETNAM
Center for Health Consultation and Community Development (CHD) collaborate with the National Institute for Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology (NIMPE) and Phu Yen and Quang Tri Preventive Medicine Centres to implement the Project “Enhanced surveillance and operations research for malaria elimination in Vietnam 2014-2018”. The project is supported by the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with an aim to contribute to achieve the National Prevention Strategy, eliminate malaria in Vietnam 2011 – 2020 and orientation to 2030 and malaria elimination activity in South East Asia.
Quantity: 1 person
Place of work: District 7, Ho Chi Minh City
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide high quality translations of project documents in a timely manner.
- Arrange project logistics for travel, field visits, meetings, workshops and trainings, and consulting assignments.
- Accompany non-Vietnamese staff on field visits.
- Set up, maintain, and update a project report filing system to track relevant documents.
- Maintain and update a contact database for the project.
- Assist in collecting, compiling, and disseminating project documents for sharing and learning purposes.
- University degree, preferably specialized in foreign language, public health or related field.
- Good English skills – speaking, listening, and writing.
- Experience in health project is an advantage.
- NGO working experience is preferable.
- Good communication and team work skills.
- Good computer skills – MS Office.
Work time: Internship for three months with a possibility for a full time position depending on project funds.
- Support for transportation costs and meals.
- Support for accommodation and meals and transportation when travelling on project field trips.
- Letter of interest in English
- CV (English + Vietnamese) (2 pages A4)
- Copies of diplomas and certificates (following additional requirements to the applications submitted via email).
- ID, proof of residence photo (following additional requirements to the applications submitted via email).
Applicants are responsible for the authenticity of qualifications.
Deadline: June 14th, 2015.
Candidates for the position “Intern – Malaria Project”, submit application online via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to the Center for Health Consultation and Community Development (CHD): Room 8B, 8th Fl, Phu My An Apartment, No. 320/16 Nguyen Van Linh Street, Binh Thuan Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City.